With Summer coming fast to an end, I still wanted to share with you a quick and easy recipe with one of my favourite’s Steak. Now Flank steak is no RIB EYE. I’ll give you that but what you can do with Flank steak is still quick and easy and tender. Plus it’s easy on the pocket book lol.
A healthy, gluten free dinner recipe for veggie and flank steak roll-ups. Cook these low-carb and Paleo steak roll-ups in a skillet or fire up the grill!
- 1 lb. flank steak
- 2 bell peppers thinly sliced
- ½ sweet onion thinly sliced
- 1-2 T. Olive Oil
- ½ t. Salt
- ¼ t. Pepper
- ¼ c. Balsalmic Vinegar
- ¼ c. Olive Oil
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 1 T. Soy Sauce, Tamari, Liquid AMinos , Coconut Aminos
For the Roasted Veggies:
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Drizzle 1-2 T. olive oil on a baking sheet and spread peppers and onions out evenly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake vegetables for 10-12 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Make sure not to cook them all of the way.
For the Balsamic Glaze:
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes, uncovered. Remove from heat and set aside.
For the Assembly:
- Pound flank steak to ½ – ¾ inch thick. Cut flank steak into 6 even slices. (About 2-3 inches wide.)
- Place even amounts of cooked vegetables towards the end of each piece of steak. Roll up and secure with two toothpicks.
Cooking the Roll-Ups:
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet drizzle an additional 1-2 T. olive oil in the skillet. Sear rolls on all four sides for at least 1-2 minutes, totaling about 8 minutes.
- Place seared steak rolls in a baking dish and cover with the balsamic glaze.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake in 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes (depending on level of doneness desired.)
- Serve with side dish of choice and enjoy!