I love Tasty Tuesday’s , especially because it my day to try out new recipes. But unfortunately this Tuesday I am going to have to put this recipe on the back burner till Next week. I am doing a Detox , for 3 days and so far so good. I have let myself go a little too much, using the excuse that I’m lifting weights so I need the extra calories. WRONG!!
But let me tell you I already am starting to feel good again, no more bloating, mindless eating , no headaches or feeling tired all the time. Best Decision I made for my goals. I’ll share with you a later post on how this journey has impacted me. But for now I wanted to share with you a recipe that screams Comfort food to me.
Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup canned black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 avocado mashed
- Hot sauce
- Chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and prick with a fork. Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and pepper and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add corn, quinoa, black beans and spices and cook 2 – 3 more minutes.
- When sweet potatoes are fork tender, remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice in half and place each half on a plate. Top with quinoa mixture, avocado and a drizzle of both tahini and hot sauce. Finish with a sprinkle of cilantro and enjoy!