This is one area that I’m not a huge fan of. My family ( Husband, 2 Daughters, and Sister In Law) absolutely love SUSHI!! Every time Hubby and I take our trip back home we have to make a date with my sister in law to have a Sushi day!. So I thought to myself, I will never know if I like it or not if I don’t try right?
SO one time we went to a sushi restaurant ( which there are tons in my home town) We sat down and my family started ordering which was crazy they actually use an iPad to order. Gone are the days of the DINER lol. When the food started coming some of the food was good, but then the sushi came and I thought well ” It’s Now or NEVER ” and I honestly did not like it. I can’t even describe the taste, but I thought it was my first time. So I ate some other items and thought I better try again. So I did and the same taste was there. So by the end of it, and after many attempts it just wasn’t for me.
But that doesn’t mean that you guys don’t like it. So when I saw this recipe I thought of my family and the many friends I have that love Sushi! This actually does look really good, I may be tempted lol. Which would make my family super happy!
What I love is that this recipe uses Cauliflower Rice as well! You can’t go wrong with Cauliflower Rice!
Here is the Recipe and I would love any feedback if you love Sushi and what you think of this Recipe!!
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 large avocado pitted, peeled and thinly sliced
- 12 oz imitation crab meat
- 2 persian cucumbers thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp toasted black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
- 1 nori sheet shredded into small pieces
- 2 green scallions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3-4 tsp sriracha sauce
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and sriracha sauce until evenly mixed. Set aside.
- Steam cauliflower rice until tender. While rice is still hot, drizzle with rice vinegar and mix vinegar into the rice. Taste and add more vinegar if needed.
- Add 1 cup of cauliflower sushi rice to each meal prep container
- Add 3 ounces of crab meat to each bowl. Divide cucumbers and avocados evenly amongst the bowls. Garnish with black and white sesame seeds. Garnish with scallions. Drizzle with sriracha sauce. Keep bowls stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Right before eating, add shredded nori to bowl. You do not want to add the nori ahead of time because it will soften almost immediately.
- Make sure to use seasoned rice vinegar and not regular rice vinegar. Seasoned rice vinegar is less acidic and sweeter than regular rice vinegar and is used to make sushi rice.