I have never eaten Avocado’s before, I’ve dabbled a bit. But never found a liking. So a dear friend of mine loves Avocado. I means seriously loves them. If she could bathe in it I’m sure she would, who knows maybe she does lol.
SO I’ve been adding Avocado’s into my diet. It is so nutritious and its a healthy fat too!! I’m always up for changes and new exciting recipes!!
Here is a recipe that I hope you enjoy!
MUSHROOM, AVOCADO & EGG OMLETE
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 ounces sliced mushrooms of choice
- salt and black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons crumble goat’s cheese
- 1/2 of a ripe avocado, diced
- chopped fresh parsley, garnish
- In a medium omelet pan or non-stick skillet, add the olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until brown and tender, about 5-6 minutes. Remove the mushrooms from heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel, and spray with a non-stick spray. Preheat the pan over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and a dash of salt and black pepper. Pour the eggs carefully into the preheated pan. Cook until the edges have begun to set and the bottom has browned, about 6-7 minutes. Run a small rubber spatula around the edges of the eggs so as to release it from the pan and then slide it onto a plate.
- On half of the omelet, layer the sautéed mushrooms, spinach, goat’s cheese and avocado. Fold the other half over the veggies and sprinkle with fresh parsley.