Tis the season for BBQ! There are so many amazing recipes and flavours and ways to cook when summer is here, don’t you agree. But at the same time, with having the kids out of school, vacations, travel, swimming, fishing , the list goes on and on. So the last thing you want is to be spending all your quality time cooking.
I was introduced to foil packets a while ago and I love it. So easy, less mess and quick. So if that’s what your wanting this recipe is for you. What I love about this recipe is it’s so versatile you can add it to any dish, or make it your main dish with a side of cauliflower rice (my favourite) or Spaghetti squash or a Sexy Salad. So enjoy and please share with a friend or family member that you think would like this recipe, the more the merrier! Let me know what you think?
SHRIMP SCAMPI IN FOIL PACKETS
- Reynolds Wrap Heavy-Duty Aluminum Foil
- 4 garlic cloves, 2 grated, 2 thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 40 jumbo peeled and deveined shrimp (slightly over 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 pinches red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- whole wheat crusty bread, optional for serving
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Whisk the grated garlic, salt, oil in a medium bowl. Add shrimp, toss to coat, and chill, uncovered, at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Make foil packets. Tear off 4 16” sheets of Reynolds Wrap Heavy-Duty Aluminum Foil.
- Place 10 shrimp on the center of each foil sheet. Top each with remaining garlic slices, 1 tablespoon wine, lemon juice, pinch red pepper flakes and 1/2 tablespoon melted butter over each.
- Bring up the long sides of the foil, so the ends meet over the food. Double fold the ends, leaving room for heat to circulate inside. Double fold the two short ends to seal the packet
- Grill over high heat, 8 minutes. Use gloves or tongs to remove and carefully open. Top with chopped parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.
- (To bake in the oven, preheat oven to 425F and cook about 10 minutes.)
Yield: 4 Servings, Serving Size: 1 packet
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 4
- Points +: 6
- Calories: 224 calories
- Total Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 188mg
- Sodium: 312mg
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 24g