Not too many people like Beets. I am Not one of them. I love beets anyway, Pickled, boiled, Roasted you name it. The nutrients in beets too its a true win win. Did you know that:
- Beet roots contain valuable nutrients that may help lower your blood pressure, fight cancer and inflammation, boost your stamina, and support detoxification
- Beet greens are equally, if not more, nutritious with nutrients that may strengthen your immune system, support brain and bone health, and more!
So why wouldn’t I want to eat them, the only downfall is that beets are high in sugar so you should only eat them in moderation, if your trying to reduce your sugar intake.
If you’d like to try this amazing salad here is the recipe:
Beet Spinach Salad
You only need 5 ingredients for this delicious beet salad and here they are:
- beets , cooked, sliced
- baby spinach
- cashews , roasted
- dried cranberries
- goat cheese
HONEY-LEMON SALAD DRESSING INGREDIENTS
And the beet salad dressing requires only 3 ingredients:
- olive oil
- lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Add baby spinach, sliced cooked beets, roasted cashews, and dried cranberries to a large salad bowl.
- Combine salad dressing ingredients in a different bowl: olive oil, honey, lemon juice. Whisk until combined.
- Pour the salad dressing over the beet salad, and toss to combine. Top with crumbled goat cheese.
This beet salad is so delicious and has so many ingredients that are good for you – I really recommend you make it! It’s so simple but has so much flavor! This salad is healthy, gluten free, full of fiber.