The problem with New Year’s Resolutions is that no one really makes New Year’s Resolutions.
We all make January Resolutions, massives of hope and protein shakes and exercise and when the year feels new and pristine.
By July, those goals feel a million miles away, cooked out of our memory by the hot summer days and long humid nights.
But what if this could be the better half of the year?
That’s a question that’s bothered me for the last few weeks. For all the workouts I’ve done, and coaching about chasing goals, My goals of Reading a book a week I’ve never had that thought before. I’ve never thought about the back end of the year that way.
Runners talk about this concept. It’s called a “negative split,” and means that you ran the second half of your race faster than the first half. It means that despite being tired, despite being hot, you actually picked up your pace.
What if that’s how the year worked, too?
What if the second half, was the best half?
We’ve both got six months left in 2018.
Six, glorious, wide open months just waiting for a goal. (Starting today, it’s 183 days until the end of the year or 30 days until they start selling Christmas products at the mall.)
I wrote down 39 different goals in the last month. Some are events like, Going to a Super Saturday , or “Write a to do list every day.” Will I complete all of them? I won’t. Will I finish more this second half than I ever have before? I will.
I think you should think about the second half too.
To get you started, here are 10 of the goals I’m working on:
1. Write my affirmations everyday
2. Set up my productivity everyday to be more organized
3. Stick to my nutrition plan and lose 20 pounds
4. Get my running back on track
5. Encourage 184 people.
6. Date nights every Tuesday
7. Grow my Instagram to 10,000 people.
8. Blog once a week.
9. Launch a Coaching Sneak Peek Webinar
10. Build my business to a 2 star Diamond
Those goals are all over the place, but so is life. It’s always messy and chaotic in all the best ways.
3. Stick to my nutrition plan ss on those goals, too. I’ve been writing my affirmations, and setting my timer for my productivity, I’ve been setting up date night with Hubby. If you ‘d like you can follow me on Instagram~cupcakes_to_kale. That would be awesome!
Here’s to a better second half.
Here’s to finishing the year in the best way you ever have.