Simple Means Success!!
I have done a lot of different diets , from WW to Soldier Diet, Grapefruit diet, California Diet. You name it I have tried it. All a complete and utter fail. It took me a long time to realize that I had to go through those diets to actually find the right system for me and to teach me what my body has been wanting to show me my whole life.
And that is Consistency and simplicity.
This Recipe is one of my Favourites and I share it with you because if you too are trying to lose weight and keep it off its recipes like this that helps me.
Yes there is some Meal prepping involved and if you want some tips that helped me , feel free to drop me your email and I’d love to share with you some tips that I guarantee won’t seem as scary.
ROASTED CHICKEN AND SWEET POTATO
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning mix
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- A few tablespoons of olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Tomato, bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno, celery, finely diced to make the salsa
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for the salsa
- Lemon juice and olive oil, for serving
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (210°C). In a salad bowl, toss chicken pieces with the spices and a quick dash of olive oil. Stir to combine; store in the fridge for about 15 to 30 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
2. Arrange diced sweet potatoes on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Arrange chicken pieces in a single layer on the same sheet pan, beside sweet potato.
3. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Remove chicken from the sheet pan and set aside. Stir sweet potatoes and roast them another 5 minutes or so, until cooked through. In the meantime finish cutting vegetables for the salsa.
4. Divide roasted chicken and sweet potato into meal prep containers and top with the veggies salsa. Sprinkle with lemon juice and olive oil before serving.