I have to say this is one of my absolute favourite Meals, it’s so easy and so tasty and the best part is that is that it can be cooking while you’re at work! So when you come home all you have to do is add some chopped tomatoes and a little bit of cheese and voila. If you like a little Taco Tuesday kind of flare or burrito’s this is your ticket!
Here are the ingredients of this fabulous Meal :
Chicken Burrito Bowl :
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours, 45 minutes
Total Time: 5 hours
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 2 large breasts( to shorten the time you can use cooked chicken or pork)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 teaspoons of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons of chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 14 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 3/4 cups of instant whole grain brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded Colby jack cheese
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.
- Pour chicken broth over chicken breasts and stir in canned tomatoes, olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder, chilli powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours, until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken breasts from slow cooker.
- Turn slow cooker to high and stir in instant rice and black beans.
- Let cook 30-45 minutes on high, or until rice is tender.
- Add chicken back in, top with cheese and let cook a few minutes longer until cheese is melted.
- Serve with fresh diced tomatoes, sour cream, green onions, avocados or guacamole.
If you love a Mexican type of food I know you’re going to love this. Comment or message me below and let me know what you think!!